Sunday, August 30, 2015

Favorite Quotes

I did a little bit of Harry Potter favorite quotes that I liked, but now I'm going to be more general.


These are ones I found all on my own, and am quite proud of finding:

"His scar burned, but he was the master of pain; he felt it, yet it was a part from it."
     -J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (pg. 478)

"For God did not give us a spirit of cowardice, but rather a spirit of power, and of love, and of self-discipline."
    -2 Timothy 1:7

"We don't actually fear death, we fear that no one will notice our absence- that we will disappear without a trace."
    -"The Doctor in the Photo." Bones (I'm not doing an official citation, so I'm leaving the confusing stuff out)

"Silence is the ultimate weapon of power."
   -Charles de Gaulle


Ones that I acquired from Veronica Roth's brain:

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
     -Frank Herbert, Dune

"My will is mine, I shall not make it soft for you."
    -Agamemnon, Aeschylus 

"I will show you fear in a handful of dust."
      -T. S. Eliot

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."
     -Samuel Beckett

No comments:

Post a Comment