Thursday, August 27, 2015

Reading Breaks vs. Reading Slumps

I saw this Ariel Bissett Video on "Reading Breaks" not being bad, which I fully agree with, except, I disagree on the point that they are the same thing as "Reading Slumps." 

I take reading breaks all the time, and I've noticed this with reading logs in school. One quarter, I'll read 22 books without a school break, and the next I'll read 13 with multiple school breaks, and this isn't a bad thing. 

What is a bad thing, however, is a reading slump, because those are so different from a reading break. A reading slump that I had at the beginning of summer was terrible, because I was so sick of words. I didn't want to read, I didn't want to write, I just didn't want to do anything. It was the worst, and not a reading break. 

This was a quick thought that I felt like sharing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment